Entered EUR/USD short at 1.3766 on 19 Oct. Stopped out 24 Oct at 1.3936. Result: -170 pips.
Entered with a stop at 1.3936 and a target of 1.32. Greatest open loss: 170 pips Greatest open gain: 110 pips.
It’s frustrating to be right on the macro front but get the levels/timing wrong. That’s [...]
Entered AUD/CAD long at 1.0248 on 12 Aug added on Aug 15 at 1.0295. Exited 23 Aug (+147 pips) at 1.0395 and 30 Aug (+164 pips) at 1.0459. Result: +311 pips.
Entered with a stop at 1.01 and a target of 1.05. Greatest open loss: 80 pips Greatest open gain: [...]
July was a good month of trading. My losses were small and my gains were big. I haven’t made any trades in August. The closest I came was on Aug. 4 when I was on the cusp of buying JPY.
I wish I could have took my own advice and sold USD/JPY. The [...]
USD longs versus CHF (at 80.12) and JPY (at 77.92) on July 27. Stopped out of both trades on July 29 July 29. Result: -60 pips
Entered with stops at 79.82 (30 pips) and 77.62 (30 pips). Greatest open loss: 30 pips. Greatest open gain: CHF +34 pips; JPY negligible
I entered this pair of [...]
Entered AUD/USD at 1.0950 on 26 July. Exited July 26 at 1.1042. Result: +92 pips
Entered with no stop. Greatest open loss: 15 pips Greatest open gain: 110 pips
Sometimes a trade that is bought minutes or hours ahead of data looks whimsical but when it’s good, it’s often because it was set-up long beforehand.
Entered USD/JPY short at 79.21 on July 4. Added July 21 at 78.49. Exited July 25 at 1.0627 (+120 pips) and July 27 (+42 pips). Result: +168 pips.
Entered with stop at 79.56 (35 pips). Greatest open loss: zero pips Greatest open gain: ~200 pips
I entered this trade on my expectations of problems with [...]
Entered AUD/USA short at 1.0735 on July 4. Exited July 18 at 1.0627. Result: +108 pips
Entered with stop at 1.0800 (65 pips). Greatest open loss: 54 pips Greatest open gain: 210 pips
I entered this trade ahead of the RBA decision on July 4. I expected a dovish statement and explained why in a [...]
Entered NZDJPY at 66.68 on 30 June. Exited July 29 at 66.92. Result: -26 pips
I entered this trade at the same time as my short NZD/JPY trade. I wanted to be short the carry trade at a time I thought stocks were overbought with many risks on the horizon. The stops were wide and [...]
Entered NZDCHF short at 69.67 on 30 June. Exited July 25 at 69.68. Result: -1 pip
This was one of two trades I entered in late June with wide stops. The reasoning was: 1) expectations of rising risk aversion. 2) Hikes overpriced from RBNZ. 3) Slowing in China. 4) Run-up beginning June 26 was overdone.
- I'm not fond of the look at the daily S&P500 chart at the end of the day. AUD looks terrible but gotta wait for a bounce to sell. 2012-10-05
- Forexlive is hiring http://t.co/9atdb6wM 2012-10-04
- I'm fairly certain the RBA will cut rates today, may even cut 50 bps. AUD vulnerable. 2012-10-01
- @jonathanspicer Take Montreal's jobs like they took our baseball team? in reply to jonathanspicer 2012-10-01
- @DougSaunders In that case, so is Texas, NY and MA within the US in reply to DougSaunders 2012-09-29
- I spoke to Reuters earlier about the Canadian dollar. $CAD http://t.co/ea2OcNsS 2012-09-28
- @aussietorres I wish I hadn't even read that story, can't imagine watching it on live tv. in reply to aussietorres 2012-09-28
- @greg_ip Because you left. You're slipping. Time to come home. in reply to greg_ip 2012-09-28
- @aussietorres That's so depressing. So sad. in reply to aussietorres 2012-09-28
- CFTC data show the market is less bearish on the euro than any time in the past year. http://t.co/QjPfiE9E 2012-09-28
- More updates...
Live EUR/USD Chart
The FXButton Newsletter
TagsAUD AUD/CAD AUD/USD Bank of Canada BOC Boehner cable CAD chf cpi debt ceiling dollar EFSF EUR EUR/USD euro forex forex analysis forex news forex signals forex trades forex trading tips FX_Button gbp/usd gold Greece JPY nzd Papandreou politics RBA RBA Preview S&P 500 SPX stocks technical analysis trading diary trading lessons trading tips USD USD/CAD USD/CHF USD/JPY US dollar yen