So much is going on in Europe. The number one thing I’m waiting on is the Greek bond haircut but something around 50% seems fairly certain at this point. The euro will rally once there is an agreement but it will be telling to see how much it rises.
Quick recap/analysis of today’s news:
The euro jumped 100 pips in a flash on the release of the EFSF guideline report. The move is nonsense and has retraced completely. EUR/USD has fallen as low as 1.3656 which is 120 pips below our trade entry point. Let’s take a closer look at the news.
The euro surged on news that the European bailout fund will be given the power to buy periphery debt in the secondary market. We think this is a wise move by European leaders. It will chase out shorts in the bond market and spook CDS buyers. We anticipate buying to be unannounced (unlike the Fed’s [...]
- I'm not fond of the look at the daily S&P500 chart at the end of the day. AUD looks terrible but gotta wait for a bounce to sell. 2012-10-05
- Forexlive is hiring http://t.co/9atdb6wM 2012-10-04
- I'm fairly certain the RBA will cut rates today, may even cut 50 bps. AUD vulnerable. 2012-10-01
- @jonathanspicer Take Montreal's jobs like they took our baseball team? in reply to jonathanspicer 2012-10-01
- @DougSaunders In that case, so is Texas, NY and MA within the US in reply to DougSaunders 2012-09-29
- I spoke to Reuters earlier about the Canadian dollar. $CAD http://t.co/ea2OcNsS 2012-09-28
- @aussietorres I wish I hadn't even read that story, can't imagine watching it on live tv. in reply to aussietorres 2012-09-28
- @greg_ip Because you left. You're slipping. Time to come home. in reply to greg_ip 2012-09-28
- @aussietorres That's so depressing. So sad. in reply to aussietorres 2012-09-28
- CFTC data show the market is less bearish on the euro than any time in the past year. http://t.co/QjPfiE9E 2012-09-28
- More updates...
Live EUR/USD Chart
The FXButton Newsletter
TagsAUD AUD/CAD AUD/USD Bank of Canada BOC Boehner cable CAD chf cpi debt ceiling dollar EFSF EUR EUR/USD euro forex forex analysis forex news forex signals forex trades forex trading tips FX_Button gbp/usd gold Greece JPY nzd Papandreou politics RBA RBA Preview S&P 500 SPX stocks technical analysis trading diary trading lessons trading tips USD USD/CAD USD/CHF USD/JPY US dollar yen