People are always asking me to recommend books about markets and trading. I have read many and there are many more on my list but for inspiration, readability and insight, few books can match the Market Wizards series by Jack D Schwager.
The latest is Hedge Fund Market Wizards, published on May 29, [...]
Thursday’s Bank of Canada rate decision will be rightly overshadowed by Greece and the pending US and Canadian jobs reports on Friday but once the short-term smoke clears, the central bank will have outlined the case for a long-term CAD rally.
Economists and the market see no chance of a rate hike on Thursday, leaving [...]
I was quoted in a Reuters story on CAD today. Nothing groundbreaking but it’s nice to be in the mainstream media.
“It’s a very straightforward trade, as we’re seeing the Canadian dollar slump as risk appetite fades,” said Adam Button, currency analyst [...]
I have been recommending USD/CAD shorts at ForexLive for the past month based on the break of the wedge from September to mid-January.
The trade worked wonderfully at first, quickly falling from the 1.0150 entry point to below parity.Last Monday, Feb 20, the decline looked like the start of another leg down but the pair [...]
It’s not often that a trade comes along with so much upside and so little risk. Buying EUR/CHF at 1.2050 is one of those trades.
I didn’t think we would see 1.2050 in EUR/CHF this year and I’m sure it won’t last. My money says 1.25 is coming with 1.30 not far behind.
The SNB [...]
I’m torn about USD/CAD.
My base case if for a rally to 1.12 around mid-year but I won’t fight the technicals.
It’s time to take a step back [...]
This is a bit outside of what I normally do but I read today that the Tokyo Stock Exchange is near a deal to set up a stock market in Myanmar.
It reminded me of this quote from Jim Rogers:
“If you can find ways to invest in Myanmar you will be very, very [...]
I was out of the country and out of touch with markets last week and it has been hard to catch up with the European soap opera after missing a few episodes.
First here’s a quick guide to what happened in the EU.
The UK press has been helpful. Here’s a good article in [...]
Someone out there sure likes these things.
The bad news has been almost relentless since August but the euro continues to hang in there. At 1.33, EUR/USD iss down almost 10 cents in that time but that’s not bad considering the existential crisis pounding away at the bulls. Moreover, EUR/USD is holding above the 2010 [...]
Every day we spin the wheel. Pick one of the PIIGS and pick one of the four following problems: banks, bonds, politics, ratings.
One day it’s Greece and politics, the next it’s Italy and bonds. The news is never positive; just bad or good enough to spark a short squeeze.
I’m generally a trend-following trader [...]
- I'm not fond of the look at the daily S&P500 chart at the end of the day. AUD looks terrible but gotta wait for a bounce to sell. 2012-10-05
- Forexlive is hiring http://t.co/9atdb6wM 2012-10-04
- I'm fairly certain the RBA will cut rates today, may even cut 50 bps. AUD vulnerable. 2012-10-01
- @jonathanspicer Take Montreal's jobs like they took our baseball team? in reply to jonathanspicer 2012-10-01
- @DougSaunders In that case, so is Texas, NY and MA within the US in reply to DougSaunders 2012-09-29
- I spoke to Reuters earlier about the Canadian dollar. $CAD http://t.co/ea2OcNsS 2012-09-28
- @aussietorres I wish I hadn't even read that story, can't imagine watching it on live tv. in reply to aussietorres 2012-09-28
- @greg_ip Because you left. You're slipping. Time to come home. in reply to greg_ip 2012-09-28
- @aussietorres That's so depressing. So sad. in reply to aussietorres 2012-09-28
- CFTC data show the market is less bearish on the euro than any time in the past year. http://t.co/QjPfiE9E 2012-09-28
- More updates...
Live EUR/USD Chart
The FXButton Newsletter
TagsAUD AUD/CAD AUD/USD Bank of Canada BOC Boehner cable CAD chf cpi debt ceiling dollar EFSF EUR EUR/USD euro forex forex analysis forex news forex signals forex trades forex trading tips FX_Button gbp/usd gold Greece JPY nzd Papandreou politics RBA RBA Preview S&P 500 SPX stocks technical analysis trading diary trading lessons trading tips USD USD/CAD USD/CHF USD/JPY US dollar yen